Whatcha Doin Crid?

Pin It

Ohhhh nothing...just prepping the RR living room for my new rug, which still has not gotten here!!!!

I know, patience isn't my strong suit but seriously! I was promised the 11th and look what day it is! I'm not mad, I'm just excited. I am sure the poor UPS man is backed up from all the blasted snow we had last month so I can't hate...but that doesn't stop me from staring out my window every chance I get looking to see if he has arrived, or from asking Andy every hour if he has seen him yet.

So to keep myself busy, while I wait, while I painfully wait, I am doing little projects.


So the new rug has got a little pink and blue in it and I have always felt there was just a tiny bit too much orange in my living room. I love orange I really do but when I brought in my vintage orange sofa I felt it was a little too much of the same color, especially with the orange rotating coffee table...yes, it rotates. I have plans for a paint job on that little beaut of a coffee table but Ill talk about that later.



Nuloom Rug

 I wanted to introduce some other colors into the space that coordinated with the orange but also opened up the possibility of introducing new color schemes, so I wasn't locked into only using warm tones, like the orange. So the best way to do that besides pillows and rugs, is wall art.

I got these brass frames from a guy on Craigslist and at first I was just thinking he only had one. So when he emailed me asking how many I wanted I was like, "um, how many do you have?" I bought five of them, knowing I would break at least one (which I did) when trying to re- frame the new art. The glass in those custom frames is not tempered and it's very thin so cracking it is easy if you don't watch what your doing and you try to talk on the phone, while balancing the screwdriver in one hand, while trying not to get paint on your tights... like I did today.


I used canvas paper because it doesn't get all crinkly and wavy when you paint on it like regular paper, you can buy it at any art supply store. The frames were $5 each.


I'll most likely be adjusting these bad boys for a month getting them straight but, I am very happy with the results.



The brass ended up being a little more, well, brassy, then I wanted so I took a 220 grit sandpaper block and roughed them up to be more of a soft gold rather than a yellow brass. They still have shine but it is softer now and I like it.

I hung them higher and more spread apart because I want my ceilings to look high.


 Now that I have thrown in some other colors I feel the rug with fit right in.



Leave it to your animals to assume every photo shoot is about them. Pose for mommy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments