The R.R. Chronicles:
The time I almost gave myself a concussion;
Because I decided after my seventh cup of coffee, to demo the floor-to-ceiling bookshelf in the kitchen, by myself.
Then I got to remove the absolutely gorgeous carpet from the floor, yay!
Words cannot express how sad I was to see it go.
The time I painted the whole kitchen white;
Except for the amazing cabinets, which I love so much that I refuse to put anything in them because they smell like the best fragrance in the world; old people.
(See folks, positivity is a state of mind.)
The time when I was shopping for wallpaper to go on the dining room wall where the bookshelf once stood, RIP.
This is the number one pick so far.
The time I hung up some curtains in the dining room with my age old trick; copper pipe.
I use the pipes in place of the telescoping curtain rods.
1. It is a zillion times cheaper...no exaggeration.
2. Easy to find and get cut to your dimensions.
3. Holds up well, you can spray paint it any color you want. I still have to paint mine.
5. People at the hardware store think you are a total DIY badass, which is the only reason I do anything.
6. One day when copper becomes extinct and junkyards are paying you $100 a foot for copper pipe you can trade in your amazing curtain rods and buy me a steak and lobster dinner at Kanki.
You can also get caps to go on the ends to finish it off. Most standard curtain rods are about 1/2" so buy that size and save money because for a 10' long piece you are only paying about $15.